Controller and contact details
Gymnation Sportswear Oy
Registered number: 2889513-3
Kairakuja 10 H 28,
90420 Oulu, Finland
The purpose and justification for the register
The purpose of the register is to process and archive the orders of the customers of Gymnation Sportswear Oy as well as to manage customer relationships. The data can be used for business development and statistical purposes. Personal data is processed within the limits permitted and required by the Data Protection Act.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect personal data in the following situations: (i) when you buy clothes or other items from our online store, (ii) when you subscribe to our newsletter, (iii) when you contact our customer service, and (iv) while you browse our website. The collected data can include the following:
The personal data register may contain the following information:
- Basic details such as name, address, email address, phone number
- Order history
- Payment information, including credit agreements and other billing information
- Shipping information, such as shipping method and shipping address
- Product reviews
- Online store browsing information and information of terminal equipment
What is personal data used for?
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- Managing customer relations
- Shipping, handling and archiving orders
- Developing our website
- Improving the customer experience
- Producing targeted content and marketing
- For analytical and statistical purposes
- Preventing violations
The processing of registry information is based on the relationship between Gymnation Sportswear and its customers, contract, using the website, a specific consent of the customer, or legal obligations.
Storing, processing and protecting personal data
The personal data register is protected against unauthorised access and is processed with due care. Gymnation Sportswear Oy ensures that stored data, as well as server access rights and other information critical to the security of personal data, are treated confidentially and only by employees for whose work it is essential.
The retention period of personal data is determined by its intended purpose and the relevant legal obligations. We store personal data only for the time necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this statement. Legislation may impose obligations on a longer retention period for some data, for example, to demonstrate the proper implementation of accounting and consumer responsibility.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose some essential personal data to third parties, for example, to secure payment transactions and shipment.
We disclose data to the following third parties:
- Analytics and statistics partners
- Product recommendation and personalisation partners
- SMS partners when text messaging is permitted
- Email marketing partners, if the customer has subscribed to newsletter, browsing history, or product review requests
- Third party warehouse operator to deliver the order
- The carrier
- Payment intermediary when paying with card
- Invoice operator, if you choose Klarna invoice or instalment as your payment method
- Debt collector, if invoices are overdue and debt needs to be collected
Transfer of data outside the EU or the EEA
The data will not be transferred outside the EU or the EEA, unless a co-operation partner is included in the Privacy Shield list approved by the European Commission.
As a customer, you have the following rights under applicable laws:
- The right to check what type of personal data is stored in the register.
- The right to request correct information or to supplement incomplete information. A request for correction should be sent to our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In some cases, you may ask us to delete your personal data. A request for removal must be made in writing and sent to email@example.com. Please note that some of the data in our registry may be information we are required to keep under the law (e.g. Accounting Law), so the request may not result in deleting it.
- You have the right to receive your personal data in a commonly used, machine-readable form.
- You have the right to prohibit the use of your personal data for direct marketing by notifying the Controller.
A cookie is a text file that is stored on your computer, phone, or tablet when you visit our website. No identifiable personal data is stored on cookies, but they can identify your browser and the device with which you access the internet. Cookies allow Gymnation Sportswear Oy and its partners to monitor the number of visitors, as well as to analyse and improve the site and its functions. In addition, cookies can be used for targeted advertising based on your interests.
We have enabled ads from third parties and other organisations to use their own cookies and other technology to gather information about the content and/or ads you have clicked on at our website. The information collected by third-party cookies is used for targeted advertising based on the visitor's areas of interest. When targeting advertising through cookies, the visitor will not be identified, and the data will not be combined with any other personal data used in another context.
Changing the Privacy Statement